“What should we be doing in the Cloud?” Get answers here.
Cloud computing has become a broad term covering many technologies, technical capabilities and processes. Most companies are now exploring what the cloud holds for them – and are quickly realizing that understanding the potential benefits of cloud computing requires a colossal effort to sift through various cloud definitions, technical information and approaches to formulate a customized benefits story.
Ajilitee’s five-day Cloud Opportunity Map increases the speed at which the benefits of cloud computing are identified for specific areas. In this fast-moving project, we bring together key stakeholders to drill down to how the cloud could impact your business in terms of opportunities, potential benefits and cloud strategies. Addressing these topics in detail – and defining a governance process – will help you to garner support and funding.
Assesses cloud potential for business and technology
The Cloud Opportunity Map isn’t just a technical exercise. It’s also intricately linked to business initiatives and objectives. Because the cloud holds the potential for both direct cost reduction as well as supporting top-line revenue growth, the key to understanding cloud computing opportunities lies at the intersection of these two areas.
The Cloud Opportunity Map entails the following:
- Review of business initiatives, programs and plans over the next 12-24 months. Linking opportunities to business results is a best practice and helps with prioritizing needs and driving alignment between investment and results.
- Investigate technology areas such as procurement and provisioning; servers and virtualization; disaster recovery; software licensing; application development standards including architecture, design and coding; third party and custom developed application and applications stacks; and service level agreements.
- Review corporate initiatives including financial, organizational, operational and/or process-related programs.
- Work with a project sponsor to prioritize the list of opportunities and options.
- Evaluate and state the high-level (directional) opportunity value in terms of top-line revenue, cost savings, cost avoidance (savings), qualitative outcomes, implementation cost, and net value.
Tells an integrated story in three steps
Due to the accelerated pace of the project, our approach is composed of three streamlined steps designed to help fuse business and technical needs together into an integrated story. They are:
- Evaluate the “As-Is” landscape.
- Envision the “End-State/To-Be” model and select/create the opportunities based on the model.
- Create an opportunity map with value statements for each opportunity.
In the end, clients receive a highly-specific assessment that spans their As-Is environment (including key business strategy opportunities and issues, and a technical landscape analysis); cloud computing opportunities from short to long-term; and an Opportunity Map that details an integrated set of opportunities charted in a Roadmap, each containing an associated directional business case and a statement of strategic qualitative benefits.
Cloud computing’s potential to deliver cost savings, add efficiency, and introduce agility makes widespread adoption a certainty. Now is the time to evaluate the cloud’s potential in your environment. We can help you answer those key questions your organization wants to know to make the right choices for moving ahead with the cloud.